That's a lot of self-portraits!!
It's a lot easier to be creative when the daylight hours are longer, when it's the weekend, or when it's not bitterly cold and raining out. Or, when I pass by a long row of red shopping carts that are just begging for me to pose upon them. I kid you not: they were begging.
Day #103: Rebel with a camera
Here's the deal: I want your ideas. More to the point, I need them.
I've tried some pretty crazy things (as well as some pretty prosaic things) and am willing to try some more -- within reason, of course. You aren't going to get me to set my hair on fire and run through the grocery store without any pants on. If you want to see what kinds of things I've already done and just how stretchable the idea of "self-portrait" is, you can take a look at my set here.
So here's the deal: I will give away an original framed Hummingbird print to someone who has a fantabulous idea for a self-portrait. The print is 6x6 and comes printed with a matte finish on Fuji Crystal Archive paper and is custom-framed in a museum-quality 12x12 black frame and white matte.
From the eligible ideas, a winner will be drawn at random and I will execute your self-portrait idea. Once completed, I will post it here on the blog. If there are a lot of good ideas, I might just choose a few runners-up and send you a little sumpthin-sumpthin as well.
Most of these should be pretty obvious, but here are the guidelines your suggestions must meet to be eligible for consideration:
1. To be a self-portrait, it just needs to include some portion of my body in the frame. It is not necessary for my face to be included.
2. The self-portrait can be indoor or outdoor, but has to be something I can execute locally (within the greater Seattle area). Feel free to suggest fitting props, clothing, accessories, locales, a song/poem/quote as inspiration, etc.
3. Absolutely no nudity or sexually suggestive poses/positions. Any idea that I otherwise find inappropriate will be rendered ineligible at my discretion. The author/artist reserves the right to delete any suggestion deemed offensive or inappropriate in any way.
This is my blog, and that's how we roll around here.
By the by, I know regular readers wouldn't dare suggest anything like I mentioned above, but just in case a creepy person stops by with a wild harebrained idea, I have to put this in there.
4. The execution of the self-portrait must not break any laws or compromise the safety of any person.
5. Submit your suggestions in the comments section of this post. Submit as many as you'd like!!
And that's about it. Feel free to let the ideas roll!! I will be accepting suggestions until Tuesday, January 12 @ 3 pm PST. A winner will be chosen at random the following day and announced here on the blog. If there are a number of good ideas, I'll choose some runners up as well.
So feel free to let your creative juices brew and keep the suggestions flowing. Thank you in advance for all your great ideas!!
* * * * *
NOTE: James and I are leaving for Southern California this morning for a few days (coming back Tuesday afternoon), so I probably won't be around much. I'm excited to get to see Sarah and take some pics of her belly!! :o)