That's right. This is Kirsten: Unplugged.
This picture has nothing to do with this post. Just a pic from our wedding that I really like.
Photo by Jen Fox Photography
Here we go!
1. I'm a compulsive fingernail-picker (but definitely not a biter). This is my go-to bad habit when I'm anxious or stressed or ... whatever.
2. I waited until I was 26 to get my wisdom teeth pulled. What, you thought I was only 26 now? God bless you! When the bottom left wisdom tooth was pulled (sorry, I don't know the correct dental terminology for this location) it damaged a nerve so that the left side of my tongue is pretty numb. It's been healing slowly, but 6 years later, I still have some residual numbness on the left side of my tongue.
3. I have done almost nothing to get Ewan's bedroom ready. Assuming I give birth at around 40 weeks, this means I have about 14.5 weeks left to execute on my nesting instinct. Oh, okay. I have done something. I painted these letters. And I hung up some of his clothes. Want to see what his room looks like now? And does moving four weeks ago count as "just moved"?
4. After I finished college and up until the time James and I connected again, I was convinced I didn't want children. I was rather passionate and adamant about it (you know, "I want a career," "I'm more than a uterus," "No way I'll be barefoot and pregnant" all that. Ironically, as I sit here and write this, I am barefoot, and most definitely pregnant -- just in case you missed the huge belly). Nine years later, I became reacquainted with James and couldn't wait to start having babies with him. Just needed to find my Mr. Right, I guess.
5. Generally speaking, I really don't like shopping of any sort: for clothes, for shoes, for groceries, for cleaning products ... you name it. I just don't. I can actually think of just two times in my life I enjoyed shopping: 1) In the spring of 2008 when I discovered I'd lost yet another pant size, and 2) Shopping for maternity clothes (when I needed pants with lots of elastic in the waist). That's pretty much it.
So ... anyone else in the mood for a little fessing up? What sorts of fun and interesting things does the bloggy world not know about you?