12 January 2007

Postponed

Due to the inclement weather we’ve had here recently, my appointment with the gastroenterologist on January 11 was canceled. The office called me today to reschedule.

My new appointment is on February 20. Those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile know I have been dealing with this ailment on & off since May/June of 2006 (my first symptoms popped up 3 1/2 years ago). It was at the beginning of November 2006 that my symptoms became too severe to ignore & were not responding to any of the medication I was taking. My January 11 appointment was scheduled shortly after Thanksgiving. I must now wait another five and a half weeks before I can get in.

I understand that the severe weather was beyond anyone’s control. I recognize that I am not the only patient this has impinged upon, & I’m reasonably certain that I am not the only one who is unhappy about it.

I’m doing my best to trust God in this, to say “
may it be as You have said”, but the news is still fresh & I feel like this is a tremendous setback. Simply put, I am worn out with being sick, weary of waiting, and drained by the unpredictable & varying symptoms I’m experiencing.

As the news settles in, it is my prayer that I will trust God’s hand in all of this & trust that there is a bigger picture I am simply too shortsighted to see. I pray that this may be a "when I am weak, then He is strong" experience.


I am not there yet, but by His grace, I will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment